Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A House and a Creek

We are buying a house!  What??  And, it's on a creek.  I don't know what I am more excited about, the house, or the creek?  I think both.  They just fit well together.

I grew up near a creek where I would go exploring all the time.  I would catch salamanders and crayfish using two cups.  I would sometimes try to keep them as a pet, but thankfully I knew better and eventually let them go.

So, today we go to the house for the home inspection.  Hopefully all will go well.  I CANNOT wait to be in our own place again.  This house we are renting has been such a huge blessing in so many ways, but it is a cold house and we are all ready to be warm.  When we went to look at the house we are buying the heat was cranking and the kids kept saying how warm it was.  Madelyn mentioned it again the other day, how warm the house was and how she can't wait to be in that house.  That's how cold this house is.  The upstairs here stays pretty warm, but downstairs can just be miserable.  Dan actually wore his winter coat the other day while he was watching basketball.  I don't know what it is.  We turn the heat up, but it just doesn't cut it.  Of course, by the time we move in we will probably be complaining about the heat, but that's okay.

We are so grateful for God's provisions since we have decided to move to VA and He just continues to provide.  I can't wait for the dogs to be able to chase the ducks at the creek and for the kids and I to be able to catch frogs!!  (Although I think I am more excited for that than they are.)


No comments: