Monday, April 16, 2012

Sad Dream With a Side of Cheese

I had a horrible dream that Dan and I were breaking up.  It was so sad.  I just remember lying in bed thinking about how all the people must have been right.  We should have never gotten married young.  I could hear my Twilight friends (characters from the book) talking about how they were going to have to go "tracking" to find me.  Apparently I was missing, but I was in my bed.  Remember this is a dream.

Anyway, while I was lying there feeling so so sad I was also thinking about how Dan and I were supposed to grow old together.  It was like that image was completely washed away like a wave washing writing in the sand away.  I saw myself just trying to date and find some meaningful relationship to cling to, but I didn't think any of them would or could compare to Dan.

Thankfully, we didn't have kids in this dream.  It was sad enough as it was.

Then I woke up. 

PRAISE THE GOOD LORD I WOKE UP!  I walked out of my room and Dan was coming out the bathroom.  He gave me a hug and I told him my dream.  He assured me it was just a dream. 

Whew.  It seemed so real and it still makes me so sad to think of how I felt in my dream. 

(Here comes the cheese ... )

Then I heard this song on my way to the store today ...



You can ignore the people in the video even though I know they look just like me and Dan.  I am still wondering how she got a hold of my favorite jean shorts ...

But, hearing this song again reminded me just how much Dan loves me.

When Dan heard this song he claimed it as his song for me and that makes me happy.  He does tell me kind things all the time and I always brush it off because he is my husband and he has to.  He swears that is not why he says them.  Either way I don't mind hearing all the kind things he says.

I sure do love that guy, and my dream only made me realize it more.  I don't even know why we were breaking up in my dream.  I just knew he was gone.  Oh, it was awful.

I can only pray that will never be a reality.  I plan to end our days the same way The Notebook movie ends, with the two of us snuggled up together on a bed in a nursing home having died together with each other ...

Shush, let me have my fantasy ...

No comments: