Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Sad Tale

I got the stomach flu on Tuesday.  I woke up at 3 a.m. and wasn't quite right.  Oh man.  You forget just how miserable the stomach flu is.  You can't get comfortable.  You just want to puke.  You can't puke so you just lie somewhere praying you will puke.  When you finally do you have a moment of relief where you might actually sleep until the cycle starts all over.  Ugh.

Finally I just stopped trying to drink anything because I figured it was making matters worse.  I learned some other things as well ...

Fresh everything bagels are super deelish ... until you puke them up.  It will be a while before I can eat them again which stinks because we still have a bunch left.  Peyton's dad works at a bagel factory and brought us some fresh the other day.  We dug right into them because we were so hungry and they were so yummy, but I regretted that later.

The aches and pains are so horrible.  You can hardly rest.  Alka Seltzer was my best friend once I felt I was able to keep stuff down.  It calmed my stomach and took away my pains.  Thank you Alka Seltzer.

My husband is the best.  He came home from work twice to check on me.  I had Elijah home sick with a cough too so he took care of both of us.

Apple sauce was the best thing ever come midnight when I wasn't feeling so much pain anymore and something actually sounded appetizing to me.  I took a shower too which felt so wonderful.  I was still a bit chilled and uncomfortable, but feeling clean made a big difference.

The saddest part is that Madelyn and I were both supposed to go to NYC on Wed with her friend and her friend's mom.  Well, I could no longer go.  She was a brave girl and went by herself though.  She and Alli wore matching shirts and looked super cute.  I was sad to see her go, but they had so much fun shopping at a ton of stores and walking for miles.  They drove to NJ and took the ferry over.  We want to go as a family and go to the statue of liberty and other places so I will look forward to that instead. 

I was still moving pretty slowly yesterday, but I am feeling better and better.  I don't think I ever felt so thankful to be able to do laundry and other mundane chores.  Ahhhhh, good health, definitely nothing to be taken for granted.

No comments: