Monday, August 25, 2008

I am definitely a mom now ...

So, we are at the beach. I grew up going to the beach. Oh yes. I was one of those girls you see walking on the "boards" with her BFF close by wearing almost the exact same outfit looking as cool as cool can be checking out the scene (boys) at the boardwalk. I could wear a bikini without an ounce of flab bouncing around. Those were the days ...

Nowadays, not so much. Don't get me wrong. I'm okay with that (kind of). I mean sure I would love to be fit and toned and flab-free, but I also know the body I have now is a result of my two precious babes whom I wouldn't trade in for the world. It's also a result of my love for sweets and salty treat, but that's besides the point!

My point is that this time at the beach I just knew I was a mom. Dan and I are no longer a "couple with a kid." We are a family. I'm not trying to be this or that. I was just hanging with my fam whom I love so much and making sure sand stayed out of eyes and food was put into little bellies. It is so much more about them than me now, and I love it that way. There is something sort of freeing about this and I like it.

Okay, but I would still like to be a little less flabby ;o) Oh, I think I was wrong though when I thought Ben & Jerry's ice cream didn't have calories when you eat it at the beach. I should probably go running or something ...

No comments: