Friday, August 15, 2008

The Notebook (Darn Movie!)

I cried at the beginning of this movie! It made me think of Dan so much and the way we were in college. We were CRAZY over each other and spent every possible minute together. We had so much fun. And, I cried because I do have such a loving caring husband. When I am sick he just wants to take care of me, serve me, love me through it and sadly many times I send him away because when I'm sick I just want to be left alone :P My husband truly is the sweetest man I know.

So many times life gets the better of us. We get so into our work, the house, the kids, that we forget to savor life, to relish in the little things. We begin to take each other for granted. So, I cried too because of how distracted we let ourselves become. Don't get me wrong. Dan and I still have a great time and laugh a lot, but I do miss the days when life was just simpler. There was nothing to do but study and hang out together.

I also cried because I know that Dan would not leave my side if I were to lose my mind. I already have to some degree :P and he's been with me all the way. Some may have turned away and told me I was crazy. He is just so patient and understanding. I seriously don't know why God chose to bless me with such a man.

I don't usually gush over him in such a public type setting, but I couldn't help it. I hate that movie. It made me an emotional wreck! Thanks a lot to Kerry who made me watch it ;o)

1 comment:

Susan (Tubbs) Canady said...

Kate, this is one of my favorite movies....I cry every time!