Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hmmm ...

It's been a while since I've been on here I see.

I have to share my small victory from today though.  The grandfather I mentioned in my previous post waved to me today.  Unprovoked.  Yes!  VICTORY!!  I may have even sung that word out loud after it happened too.  So happy.  He and I are officially waving buddies.

Things have been peaceful lately.  I have felt so free in a weird way.  I mean, things have been going on.  Don't get me wrong.  There have been tragedies, and sickness, and sadness, etc., but I am feeling good these days.  I am almost afraid to say all of this, but I also don't want to live in superstitious fear.  I don't think God works that way.  I am just very thankful for peaceful days.  Anxiety is a bitch so days when I don't have to deal with it are good days.  Long stretches of not having to deal with it are even better.  So, ahhhhhhhh.  I am resting in that right now.

Advent season is here and I love it, such a joyful time of year, especially when the truth is in you.  I am more grateful than ever that God decided to send his Son as a little baby for the sake of little old me.  What a gift.  When so much sadness goes on it is easy to want to question God, but then what?  If you are going to question God, where do you turn?  It is an odd conundrum to question, yet rest in God's sovereignty.  I find myself there quite often though.

Reading His word helps.  He makes things so clear at times.  It's not always easy to put into my own words, but I read His word and understand.  That is peaceful.  That is good. 

Madelyn is showing some real spiritual growth this year.  I think her teacher at school has been very helpful in this way.  Her prayers though are more heartfelt and sincere.  At dinner she thanks God that we have food to eat and prays for those who don't.  During our family prayers she is praying more for the hearts of people who don't know Truth.  It is really sweet.

Elijah comes up with very interesting questions and comments concerning God and things in the Bible.  He soaks up Bible stories and is able to then put thoughts and ideas together concerning God.  For instance, we were discussing marriage and the vows that are made before God.  Elijah then adds that once we had him and Madelyn they then became a part of that vow.  He actually said it was like God's promises came like a laser into him and Madelyn after we had kids.  So funny.

I love seeing their hearts and minds grow towards God, and I love being able to be real with them in talking about God.  I love the verse where Jesus says something to the effect of "in this world you will have trouble, but take heart I have overcome the world."  There is victory with God.  We just have to hold on, and sometimes that is all we can do. 

So, all that to say I am so overwhelmed and thankful right now for all God has blessed us with, and for the comfort we can find in Him through all things.


No comments: