Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sewing and Other Things

My sewing machine is now working.  Yay!!!  Glenda, who goes to church with us, was my life saver in the realm of sewing.  She is now a part of my Bible Study and she stayed  a little longer yesterday to help me with my machine (which I now named Betsy).  She worked her magic and got it working.  It was the bobbin.

Darn bobbin.

The more I learn about sewing the more I realize that half the job is keeping your machine working properly.  So, Betsy and I will hopefully get very acquainted with each other in the next few weeks. 

Glenda learned just how little experience I have with sewing.  None, actually.  We were trying to figure out what my sewing class would be called because I wasn't even at the sewing 101 level.  Thankfully I can laugh at myself.

Otherwise, it's been a good week.  Having Peyton in the mornings has been a nice experience so far.  He loves our cat Samson.  They do legos together.  He can't get over how friendly Samson is and he made a point to go find him yesterday to say good-bye before he left for school. 

Our early  mornings are catching up to us though.  Dan and I were sooooo tired last night.  It was kind of funny.  I actually fell asleep on the couch after the kids got home, and Dan was falling asleep during our bedtime routine with the kids. 

Madelyn won a Kindle from the school for raising the most money for the Race for Education for grades 4-6.  She said she was shaking when she sat down.  She was so surprised to have won it.  That is seriously the best thing for my little reader.  I am so happy for her, and so thankful for all who gave money to TKA.  We really do love that school, and I think the cause is well worth the it.

My Bible study started again this week.  We are studying Philippians.  Soooooooo good.  Paul is so great.  I have more women doing the study this time, but there were only 3 of us yesterday.  We had great discussion though, such a blessing.

Okay, that's the latest here.  Happy day!!!




No comments: