Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life Changing Books

I love books that stick with you, that make you want to better yourself. I just read 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper. What a bittersweet story of suffering and grace. I always look forward to heaven, but now I do even more. How great to think of no suffering, no sorrow, or tears, just heavenly wonder and peace unimagineable to us while here on earth.

Another book that was life changing for me was Mimosa by Amy Carmichael. Mimosa lived an incredible life under extremely hard circumstances. I can't even put into words her story. It's just amazing, and leaves me with no excuse to not persevere through hard times.

I love God so much, and I am so grateful that He does not give up on me. I also love that He has provided so many people with such great testimonies of His grace at work in their lives. Mimosa lived so long ago and her story is still touching people's lives. She was just a woman living in India who I am sure had no idea how God planned to use her.

We don't always know why God allows certain things to happen to us, but He may be able to use us to minister to others for years to come just as He has used Mimosa and Don Piper.

No comments: