Thursday, March 4, 2010

Flashback

Elijah is home from school today. He is still trying to get over this cough. It seems like he will never be cough free at this point.

Anyway, Dan is sick as well and was still home sleeping when I left to take Madelyn to school so I left Elijah with Dan. On the way home I remembered a similar time when I left Elijah home with Dan. I came home and Elijah was nowhere to be seen. When I asked Dan (who had been sleeping) where he was he had no clue. I was trying not to panic and was on my way out the door trying to figure out what direction to go in first when Elijah came around the side of the house. Oh my. HUGE sigh of relief. He was looking for me and Madelyn and was walking around the house on the walkway. He was 2 1/2 at the time.

Then I remembered another time when Elijah made his way out the door. I was upstairs. Dan was in the shower and I heard Daisy barking like crazy at the front door which was unusual because she's not one to freak out like that. I kind of passed it off until I realized my son was no where to be seen!

I went to go outside and here he comes in just his swimming trunks. He said he wanted to go wave to the ice cream man. Oh my. He was 3.

So, while he is almost 5 I still had that curious feeling today on the way home wondering if he would be outside when I came home. Even though he knew I was leaving and knew his dad was in the house you just never know. If he needs or wants something he definitely prefers to ask me knowing he will most likely get it. I confess. It's true. Just like Dan letting Madelyn have ice cream pretty much whenever she wants it even if she's had it for the last 5 nights in a row and I just said I don't think she needs more that night. But, that's a blog for another time ;)

No comments: