Thursday, July 15, 2010

Green Eyes

Elijah commented about my green eyes today. His favorite color is green. Next thing I know he says, "I am going to say a prayer about something real quick." This is what he prayed ...

"Dear Heavenly Father, Please make my eyes green. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

A few minutes later he said, "Are my eyes green now?"

Dan took this one. He explained that God is not like a genie who just grants wishes. He only gives us what He knows is best for us, just like he and I only give him what we know is best for him. For instance, we don't let him play the wii all day and night like he would if we let him because we know that's not good for him.

Elijah went on to talk about a woman in the Bible who prayed in a quiet place for a baby and God gave her one so he thought that God would give you a baby if you prayed for one.

We had the sweetest conversation with Elijah. His mind amazes me with what he asks questions about. I love it. And, I love Google. How else could I have explained to him how our eye balls work and how the sun works? Thank you Google for making me seem smart. And thank you God for giving me such a tender hearted curious little boy.

No comments: