Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Day

Days like these are the best. A perfect mix of just enough to do with fun things in between.

I reconnected with a good friend by phone. Of course I had one other call to make for a reconnection, but ran out of time since I stayed on the phone for an hour and a half with the first friend.

Then two of the Hegarty kids came over so my kids were thrilled to have playmates.

Went to pick Dan up so he could pick up his car and some lunch.

The weather today is absolutely perfect.

Got home and my hour and a half friend called back with some fun info about a conference we may attend together with the hubbies about raising children.

So, not super exciting stuff, but fun enough to make folding laundry seem okay.

And, the kids have swimming lessons with a pizza party to look forward to tonight. The only sad thing is that I noticed it was much darker than usual the other night when we were leaving swimming lessons which mean shorter days and coldness are looming.

BUT, we are only thinking happy thoughts today!

Oh, and another fun thing that happened is I left a voicemail for a friend and when she called back she was cracking up. Making someone laugh is a HUGE success in my book.

And, a little tidbit ... I found out today that chocolate milk is a great post run drink. WHAT!? Had I known this I totally would have gotten into running a long time ago!! Okay, not really, but what a motivator to do my next run! ha ha!

I am loving my workouts. I feel sooooo good these days. Today I even want to go do my running, but I am making myself wait. I don't want to over do it. Oh, and when I say running I mean my walk/run intervals just to be clear.

So, happy day because not only do have I had these things going on, but I have Project Runway to look forward to tonight as well. Why do I love that show so much? I think it's because I am not creative and it amazes me to see what they are able to create in such a short amount of time that someone can actually wear. I love clothes.

No comments: