Friday, August 13, 2010

Kids ...

Say the Darndest Things ...

Hayes calls Elijah "Cha-Cha" and me Dick. Aunt Dick at times even. You gotta love it right? So, there was one day when Hayes was eating a snack and I was at the table with him when he says, "Dick, Cha-Cha up?" And, I knew exactly what he was saying ... "Kate, Elijah is upstairs?"

The other day on the phone Shannon asked Hayes what Elijah's mommy's name is and he said, "Cha-Cha mom dick." That's right. I'm Dick. I love that he calls Elijah Cha-Cha.

The one day Addie told my mom that she didn't want a little brother. She wants a sister, and if she can't have a sister she wants a chihuahua. She and Molly really bonded during their time together. It was really cute. Molly is definitely my dog and she takes a bit to warm up to people, but Addie was all over her. She would carry her around, bounce her like a baby, and snuggle up with her while watching tv. I don't think Molly would admit it, but I think she really liked the attention. If I could, I would definitely loan Addie Molly for a while. They were so cute together Shannon even started to feel like she needed a chihuahua.

Hayes is a tough kid. Elijah is well ... not. So, many times Hayes was beating up on Elijah a bit. Elijah finally asked me one day why God made two year olds where they hit people.

2 comments:

Skinney said...

Dick, You forgot to mention that Hayes calls Dan "Dean"! Who would've thought that he would say Madelyn's name the best!

kate said...

how could i forget that? i know. you have to get him on video saying all of our names :) love that boy.