Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not So Smart

I got sunburned recently.

At first it felt good. You know, the first real sunshiny feeling of Spring. I was happy.

Then I woke up the next day.

I was so super sore. But, I thought it will only hurt for a little and then we are all good.

Wrong.

It still hurts.

And it's peeling.

It still hurts.

Isn't that unusual for it to be peeling, but still hurt?

Yes. I was foolish.

See, the problem was that I went for a walk/run 45 minutes before I was supposed to meet a friend who was picking up our children at the park. I walked and walked and walked, came home, got a drink, then walked to the park.

It felt good. It was so nice to be out, clear my head, and enjoy the sunshine.

The problem is that after my walk I then sat at the park for more than an hour, all the while frying my back. Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!

Lesson learned.

Hopefully.

I am not always the best student in these situations, but I also do NOT want skin cancer.

The End.

No comments: