Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random Thoughts ...

because that's what i do.

Why do kittens have to be so cute? We met some cute little kittens last weekend. I picked the fluffy one. Madelyn picked the boy one. We came home with none. I do still have 4 animals and Dan cut me off at 4 animals long ago and I continue to say how wise that man is as a result.

Still. Cute cute kitties ... (sigh). I am so weak.

....................

Speaking of cute kitties, my Simon is struggling. He throws up, and he has lost a lot of weight. But, he is still so snuggly and in love with me. I can't just say good-bye. Yet. I know the time is coming pretty quickly though. So sad. 14 years is a long time to spend with a kitty. My mom used to call him and his brother the grandkitties. Seriously. They were my babies for a very long time.

So, as much as I say no more cats when both of mine are gone, I know that is a load of BS. Last weekend with the kitties is evidence A. All that had to happen was one of the kids beg for one. Thankfully, that didn't happen, but if we didn't have 4 animals, I probably would have been begging for the fuzzy little creamsicle looking kitty.

I heard she may be spoken for now though. Thank you Jesus.

...............

I like music. I just got 20 free songs from iTunes. Good times. Elijah asked, "Did you get new music?" That kid doesn't miss a thing. What makes music even more fun is when the kids get into it too. So far their faves are my faves. That works out nicely :)

..............

I learned that Madelyn does NOT want to be cremated. Odd info to know from an 8 year old. I know. But, I told her that Simon was probably going to have to be put to sleep soon. We had talked about this before, but I wanted to make sure she knew that it may be one day that I just have to take him in. She was sad, but took it okay. Then she asked what happens after they put him to sleep. That turned into a whole discussion about cremation, ashes, death, rotting in your grave, etc. Lovely. I know.

She did not like the idea of being burned after death and made it very clear that she doesn't want that to happen to her. I love the conversations she and I have about things. She is so thoughtful and understands so much at this stage. She is so much like her dad too. She's got a strong mind about her. I admire that in a girl :)

......................

Elijah on the other hand is very glad he is not a girl because he does not have to push a baby out one day.

But, he is a boy so that means he has to ask a girl to marry him one day and he is very concerned that she might say no. I explain to him that he will most likely be with that girl for a while before they that point so he should know if she will say yes or not. He comforts himself by saying he is not in college yet so he doesn't have to worry about it.

Poor thing. He's going to go to college feeling like not only does he have to figure out what he wants to do for the rest of his life he also has to find a wife. That's a lot of pressure.

.................

Drama. Drama. Drama. That's all I have to say about that.

Except it's not.

People need to learn to talk to people. If there is an issue, talk to the person. Don't conjure up all these crazy ideas about what you think is going on. It will simplify things.

Okay. Now I am done.

For now.

.................

I like friends. God has blessed us with some amazing friends.

................

Elijah is reading like crazy. I love it. He reads these big words and it is so fun to hear him figure it out. He said, "Reading by yourself can be fun, especially when you know how to read!"

I love his mind. You never have to guess what he is thinking.

No comments: