Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Today

Elijah was home sick today.  He threw up in the car on the way home from school yesterday.  Poor little guy.  He was so sweet about it and felt so bad that he didn't know the barf bag that I brought for him was right next to him.  I had quite a mess to clean up and I'm not sure the smell will go away any time soon.  Blech.

So, today I got to hang out with my little guy.  He was snuggled up on the couch most of the morning watching movies. 

I didn't feel too well myself.  I'm not sure if it was all the vomit I have been dealing with, or the fact that lately I think it's okay to dine on mint m&ms and bbq potato chips.  Either way I was happy to chill with Elijah this morning.

Thankfully I did get to my responsibilities this afternoon though.  There was laundry to do and sheets to change.  I felt better once I got some things done.  The afternoon coffee was yummy too.

Elijah didn't throw up today, but Dan thinks he should still stay home another day because he is still a bit weak.  I agree.  He's a cute little guy and I like having him here. 

I just read an article that had an excerpt from Reagan's diary and I thought, "What a great idea!"  I love the calendar I have from when Madelyn was a baby where I just wrote a blurb each day on what she was doing so I thought maybe I would try it on here.

Madelyn and a couple classmates did a little play today where she was a bison.  She had to charge her classmates.  They all got a good laugh from it.  She also had to pretend to be a prairie dog and do a back flip.  So funny.

We were talking about family dynamics at dinner and some weird family traits so Madelyn asked what were our weird family traits.  I told her she would figure them out later as an adult when she starts complaining to her friends about us.  Then we started talking with weird voices to give her some ammo for now.

It was nice to have Elijah back at the table with us tonight.  We really missed him last night.  We didn't realize how much excitement he adds to our dinners.  It was me versus two introverts last night so you can imagine how that went.  Madelyn is so sweet though, and she's been extra sweet to Elijah.  Since she just had the stomach bug last week she knows just what to do.

Hopefully this will be it for the stomach bug and Dan and I won't get it.  (fingers crossed)


No comments: