Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Night Out

Last week the kids and I went out to see Hannah's topiary display at a local cafe.

We had so much fun. The kids were in great moods and were cracking me up, mainly Madelyn.



Dan was at a board meeting and didn't make it home before the meeting so when we were leaving Madelyn asked where he was. I told her he had a meeting and wouldn't be home.

"Sad huh?" (I said in a sad voice)

"Mommy, he doesn't read to you at night!" As if I shouldn't be upset he wasn't coming home :)

We got to West Reading and were waiting to cross the road to the cafe. For some reason the light wasn't telling us we could walk so we waited extra long. Madelyn started hailing a cab, cracking herself up. She said, "I don't see any taxis!" So Elijah then joins the fun, "I don't see any taxis either!" They thought they were so funny.

We still needed to eat dinner so on our way home we stopped at Panera Bread. I LOVE their creamy tomato soup (which reminds me I want to find a recipe for that) so while I waited for the food Madelyn went to the bathroom. I peeked in on her at one point to make sure she was okay (I hate sending my children into public restrooms alone) and went back to waiting for the food.

When she came out she said that a voice in the bathroom scared her. I realized she was referring to the man who announces when the food is ready. You can hear the announcement in the bathroom as well. I said, "Oh, I know. You can hear it in the bathroom too. It probably caught you off guard didn't it?"

"Yeah ... (pause) ... But, Mommy, it really scared me because it came on every time I started to sing." Ah, I love my girl.

I giggled and said, "You are a little song bird." She smiled and hugged me so everything was alright again.

Madelyn sings ALL the time.



A friend of ours was at the school one day last year. She went into the bathroom and heard a little girl singing away in the bathroom only to realize it was Madelyn. She does have a happy little heart.

So, it was fun to realize she was going to sing at Panera Bread in the bathroom too.

Overall, just a fun time hanging out. I love to hear what's on the kids' minds in the car when there is no radio on and they tell me their thoughts on things. Apparantly, Elijah loves to ride in the car when it's dark out, and Madelyn does not like long car rides no matter what time of day it is.



If only I could bottle up these conversations, keeping their little voices exactly as they are now. Time just goes by way to quickly.

Silly kids ...

That's sidewalk chalk on their faces. They were "clowns."

No comments: