Friday, October 31, 2008

5:30 AM Wake Up Call With Spiderman

Again, Elijah woke up very early. I hear the fridge open and he starts his usual routine of getting out all of his yogurt containers even though he will only eat 1 or 2.




I go out to see what he is doing and he has 4 yogurts lined up on the table. Then he wants two spoons. I don't know why, but he usually will have multiple spoons now when he eats yogurt. I guess it's just more fun.




When he starts to eat the yogurt he says, "I'm going to stick his head in!" He pulls the spoon out and says, "Ah, he has pie all over his face! I'm going to eat it!"


I am telling you when Elijah wakes up in the morning he is so chipper and full of joy no matter what time it is. He is the only one in our family who is a morning person, but it's great because while the rest of us are just trying to get ourselves together we can't help but smile because Elijah is there saying something sweet or funny.


I notice Elijah is shivering. It has gotten quite cold here lately. The poor boy needs some more warm clothes. I go to the laundry room to look for a sweatshirt or something warmer than what he has on. I find a bag of hand-me-down clothes that someone gave me and what do I find?? A spider man sweatshirt with a hood no less!

Elijah loves spider man. He has only seen pictures of spider man on the dvd covers we have, but somehow he now really likes the idea of spider man. Every time he puts his jacket on he says he's like spider man and then he puts the hood up. I don't know. He just came up with that.


I knew he would be thrilled when I showed him the sweatshirt, and he was. I put it on him and he didn't take it off for two days! I love how such simple things can make children so happy.


We spent the rest of the morning snuggling and drawing letters on the magna-doodle until it was time to get Madelyn up. It was early, but it was worth it.

No comments: