Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Sick Holidays

Well, we are still dealing with illnesses. Madelyn still can't eat a full meal and keep it down. Elijah finally is on an antibiotic. I almost can't remember what he is like without a yucky nose. I feel awful today. I feel like I have a touch of everything we've been exposed to. So, tonight is the 3rd night in a row where we have had to cancel plans :( Huge bummer since we usually spend New Year's with Jess & Jon.

They come over, we eat, play games, kick out the old year (literally, it's quite funny) and welcome in the new one, and they spend the night. We wake up in a fog because we stay up too late, but the kids don't realize that so they wake up just as early as ever. It takes about a week to recover, but it's good fun and worth it because we laugh like crazy well into the night.

Oh, but not this year. No. This year I am hoping to stay awake past ten. Jess & Jon are scrambling to find something else to do to at least get out of the house for a bit today. I am going stir crazy even though there is no place I want to go, nor should I go since I should be done spending money for about 4 mos. Dan seems to be okay even though I am sure he has a bit of cabin fever.

It's okay though. These things happen. We'll just remember this year as the year the stomach bug hit our family and extended families and even friends. We have a lot to be thankful for even in the midst of our latest trials. And, God is good. He never changes no matter what year it is, day it is, trials we are facing ... I love that. What a privilege to serve such an awesome God.

No comments: