Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Some Things

Halloween was fun.  Poor Elijah fell at least 4 times.  Wearing a venom costume with a mask did not make seeing any easier.  He had fun though.  Went with friends and his friend Ellie was a pumpkin.  Elijah kept telling her how awesome her belly was.  It was hilarious.  At one house Elijah took forever sifting through their bowl of candy because he was saying, "Is all you have chocolate?"  The people were very kind and patient, but I told him chocolate was good because I like chocolate.  He's always afraid he is going to have a reaction to it because of the milk.  Poor little guy.  I told him to always err on the side of snickers if there is ever a doubt.  He was a trooper.  He had a matching venom candy holder so it was all good when he took his mask off to see better.  He then called himself a venom ghost and all he needed to do was get rid of his own head so he would look headless.  Oh my. 

Madelyn was a sparkle witch.  Again with no camera.  Grrr.  She was super cute with her dress and the green stars all over the sleeves and hat.  I barely saw her because she was with a few of her friends and they were super fast hitting all the houses.  Currently, her candy stash is sorted on the floor in her room.  So funny. 

We set aside the Almond Joy candy bars for my mom.  She is the only person I know who likes them.

...............

I haven't inquired about the job since last week because I am having second thoughts about it.  I think I still want it, but I know I would need to get paid more so I am just waiting to hear from them at this point.

..............

I ordered a starter kit from Thirty-One bags.  I LOVE those bags, and I couldn't resist the black and white kit.  SO pretty.  Check it out  www.MyThirtyOne.com/katetubbs  I don't know how much selling I will do, but I will certainly LOVE the bags I get. 

..............

Today is my sister's birthday.  Happy Birthday Shannon!!  I think her birthdays have a bigger impact on me than my own.  She's the same age as Dan, but it is harder for me to believe that she is 39 than the fact that he will be 39.  Weird. 

Either way, I hope she has a great day.

................

We had a snow storm on Saturday.  It was still October then.  We got at least 6 inches.  I think it may have been closer to 8 according to reports though.  Some areas near us got 14 inches.  So strange.  People are still without power.  There was no school yesterday because of it.  Some schools are still closed today, but we aren't.  We have had 2 days off from school already that were like snow days and that was before November.  Crazy.  Hopefully people will get their power back on soon.  Having lost it for 2 days during T.S. Irene I definitely feel their pain, only then it was still warm so heat wasn't an issue. 

I have sworn to myself that we will get a kerosene heater in case this is any indication of what this winter will be like.  All our stuff is electric so if we lose power this winter we will be frozen.  The nice thing about this storm is that we knew it would be fairly warm the next day so it would melt a lot, and we could drive somewhere.  In the winter that isn't the case.  So, I will kick myself if we end up with no power and no heat source.

...............

I am getting closer to the point of feeling like it is time for Simon.  My poor kitty.  He's so thin and sickly looking.  It's just making that dreaded appointment.  He's on my lap now.  He's so sweet and snuggly.  He's always been my teddy bear kitty, good for snuggles, especially at night.  It's just so hard to say that final good-bye.  Ugh.

...............

We were able to get some FEMA assistance for our basement, not much, but it will definitely help.  I think we have decided to cut the bottom part off of the paneling and replace it with drywall or wainscoting.  It will be a job, but it will be nice when it is all done.  I think. 

We have our dumpster until Friday so we will be working on it tonight and tomorrow night. 

...............

Speaking of which, I have a lot I should be doing so that's all for now ...

No comments: