Thursday, October 27, 2011

So Much Craziness

My brain is swimming with stuff so here is a random stream of consciousness ...

Tomorrow I am going to freeze my arse off at the Race for Education that the kids do at the school.  It is the school's big fundraiser and heaven knows the school needs funds.  It's fun to watch and walk with the kids though.  Then in the afternoon they have a Fall Festival that I am supposed to help out with.  It's going to be a long day, but it will be good.  I get to top off the evening with going to a 31 purse party.  I have already shopped a little online to get an idea of what I want.  At this point I am thinking teacher gifts since that is mainly who I will be needing to buy for.  We are really cutting back this year, what with basement repairs, car repairs, everything repairs.  Definitely cutting way back.

I am such a sucker for bags though.  Oh man.  I don't know what it is.  I just want them.  All of them.  It's a sickness.

I am having second thoughts about the whole job thing.  I think mainly because I have had too much time to think about it.  And, this has turned into a wackadoo week so it makes me wonder how I will do it all.  I like the idea of having extra money.  I don't like the idea of having to put so much effort into making the money.  ha!

We'll see what happens. 

I hate when my friends go through such sad situations and there is nothing I can do to make it better.  I am praying though and that is definitely important.

I have cried more this Fall than ever in my life I think.  Let that be a warning for anyone considering calling.  You never know when I might breakdown.  Oy.

I still have Simon, my kitty.  He sure is sweet.  It will be so sad to see him go.  Dan agreed with me though that he doesn't believe he is truly suffering at this point where we need to have him put down.  Does he look skinny and sick?  Yes.  But, is he in pain or showing signs of suffering?  Not really.

Dan even admitted that he likes Molly (our chihuahua) last night.  That was HUGE.  I know Dan talks tough concerning the animals, but he is a softy.  That's one of the things I really love about him.  He is definitely a strong man, but soft on all the right things. 

Madelyn got her ears pierced.  I'll post more on that later.  She is super fun to have around. 

Elijah has had some good "boy time" lately with friends.  It's rare that he has a boy over to play with like boys do, but lately he has had a good fill of it and holy moly are they noisy and rough and so happy all the while.  I pretty much just listen for cries.  Otherwise, I assume they are fine, and most of the time they are.  I find if I don't watch them sword fighting and wrestling I do much better.  Boys are fun though.  They come with a completely different energy, but I love it.  Madelyn just joins in too, at least with the 2 boys we had over tonight.  It was fun.

Being in our basement is sad.  We may be eligible for some funding though.  It's a long shot, but we'll see.

We are getting a dumpster delivered tomorrow.  You know what that means right?  I can throw away ANYTHING I want.  Oh man.  That makes me happy.  The only problem is we have already gotten rid of A LOT of stuff.  Still, the thought makes me super happy.  We got the dumpster because we tore down our smaller shed and now have to get rid of the pieces.  I am tempted to take down the pergola too ... and the bar area that remains in our basement, such a waste of space.  It's all so fun to think about.  Is that strange?  I am afraid I may end up pulling paneling off our basement walls too though.  That I know will turn into a bigger job than it is worth probably, but man oh man is it tempting.  Dan might not want to leave me alone this coming week.  I do have some frustrations I could work out with a sledgehammer.

I am almost done with the book A Thousand Gifts.  Obviously I haven't been reading it constantly.  I don't know that I will ever be able to put my thoughts on it down in a coherent way, but it's a life changing book for me in such a good way.  The timing of this book in my life is absolutely perfect.  One of those things that you just know was God.  I love that.  Of course everything is by God's doing, but everything doesn't FEEL like God is right there standing next to you going, "Look here at how I completely orchestrated all of this just for you to feel good for a moment and know that I am here."  I love those moments.  And I love the book.  It is so raw and genuine.  When I first heard about it I thought it would be preachy, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I like hearing from people how they get through the dark periods, and even just hearing that they have dark periods.  We all do, but we all don't want to admit it.  Why?

Anyway, maybe I do have more to say on that.  But, not tonight I don't.  I need to go to bed.

No comments: