Monday, September 29, 2008

"Grand-dad is my friend!"


Elijah loves his Grand-dad.

He has been following him around all day today, even to the bathroom (more than once). It's true. I heard him in there chatting up a storm to Grand-dad who was just trying to "do his business." Then I got all the info about it when we got in the car soon after, but I'll spare you those details, not to mention Grand-dad's embarrassment ;o)

It's so fun to see your children delight in their grandparents. We don't see the grandparents enough but it's always so nice to have them around.

The poor grandparents though because they get so worn out by the kids. We did have a full day. We ate lunch with Madelyn at her school, to Cabela's, to Cracker Barrel, the park, then back to Madelyn's school to pick her up. I was exhausted too!

Elijah wasn't done with Grand-dad though. He wanted Grand-dad to read to him. When he did, he fell asleep. He woke up to Elijah saying, "Grand-dad it's not dark out yet! You don't sleep when it's not dark out!"

That explains Elijah waking up at the crack of dawn every day. Oy.

Grand-dad later read to Elijah before bed, or Elijah was reading to Grand-dad actually. They were going over the alphabet and words on the page when Elijah couldn't stay awake any longer. He kept falling asleep and then waking up again and picking up where he left off until he just couldn't fight it any longer. He was out. He didn't even finish his milk which rarely happens.

So, I guess what goes around comes around.

It was over all just a great day. The weather was beautiful too. We just wish Grandma could have been there with us.

Oh, did I get pictures you ask? No. Ugh! It never even occurred to me to take the camera. I hate that!

I couldn't even find an older picture of Grand-dad to post ... I'll keep looking ...

okay, as you can see above I found one. It's not the best, but I do think it captures the love ... kind of ...

No comments: