Sunday, January 4, 2009

Looking Forward to 2009

It only took a stomach bug (that about took my life - remember this is my blog), but I am now looking forward to a fresh start in the new year. I wasn't pre-stomach bug. Post-stomach bug, a different story. I have a new perspective on things.

For instance, as I was walking Daisy yesterday I was thinking that I don't want to see walking as a chore, but as a privilege. Even if it is freezing outside it is challenging and invigorating to get out in the cold. You just have to dress for it. This has been a wonderful lesson for me. It's been a long time coming too. I hated feeling like a slave to winter. I'm sure I still will to some degree because you are limited in the things you can do, but I'm not afraid to go out in the weather like I used to be. A lot of this thinking is in thanks to my sister Shannon for giving me an incredibly warm Columbia coat. It keeps my torso sooooo warm! I love it.

When you are cooped up in the house for days you are thankful for fresh air.

So, remind me of this lesson when I start to complain about winter.

Also, I am looking at a fresh start to weight loss (along with everyone else right), but the fact that I just got a 4 lb jump start on it helps (thank you stomach bug). I am doing WW again (they waived the $30 startup fee for me - yippee!) and so is a friend. We are going to help each other. So, I will be digging out some new recipes to try. It helps that Dan would like to lose some weight too. I don't need to be skinny. I just want to be at a healthier weight. I let myself get to the point where my normal clothes were too snug and I had to wear a cute hoody or something over my normal shirts to hide the extra poundage. That's never good.

I am learning some other things, but this post has become long enough, and I need to post about the dream I had about my dad last night. It was so funny!

No comments: