Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lord of the Flies

Well, we are on the mend. The children are adjusting to having supervision in their lives again. Elijah has now been fully dressed for two days instead of just wearing a pajama top with one sock and maybe underwear, hopefully underwear, but I was just too sick to keep track and remember seeing him without it at some point.

So, things are looking up. I was able to bathe the children last night, change and wash some sheets. I still felt sick so I had to take breaks, quite a few breaks, but I knew if I got certain things done I would just be able to rest better.

As I said in my last post, the kids were great while we were sick. I posted that, started to feel achey again, turned off my computer and waited for the tylenol to kick in, and then I heard it. Craziness. Dan and I were in the basement watching football or something. I don't really remember. I just remember hearing a lot of running and giggling upstairs, but it was the crazy kind of giggling where you know it is going to turn into crying eventually. The giggling soon made it's way down to the basement where the kids were then just running around in a circle in front of us. Yes, just running in a circle.

I finally had to tell them to head back upstairs. You know when you are so achey and nauseated that you can only handle so much noise and activity. So, they went back upstairs, did more running and crazy giggling, and eventually scaveged for food in the kitchen ... the poor children. I shivered my way out the door to walk Daisy, and made my way back up to Elijah's bed to try to warm up. The kids needed to go to bed, but I just couldn't wait until they finished whatever they were eating.

Dan eventually put them to bed and just explained to them that he couldn't read to them that night. They were both pretty tired and surprisingly I didn't hear anything more from them that night.

It's not easy being sick with young children to care for, but we all survived. Although, by last night after the marathon of bathing, changing sheets, and I had also made a run to the store for more gatorade I was ready to cry. I almost felt like I had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

But, we watched a funny movie and things continued to look up.

After the movie Dan and I were talking and I had to remind him that he got a Garmin for Christmas. It seems like Christmas was just a distant memory, and it was only a week ago.

So, this is not exactly how we planned our Christmas break to end, but what can you do? These things happen and God provided for us. Even though Sandi probably won't want me to (for fear of germs) I want to hug her and thank her for providing the gatorade for us. I believe that saved our lives ... okay, I'm being ultra-dramatic now, but it is my blog. Therefore, I will stick to that. Sandi saved our lives on New Year's Day 2009. I may buy her flowers too. She deserves them. If not for saving our lives, then at least for mothering 6 boys! Yes, she definitely deserves some flowers.

Here's to starting 2009 4 lbs lighter and off to a great new eating plan (not really eating or wanting to eat at all)!

No comments: