Friday, February 20, 2009

Conversations with a boy ...

Madelyn is still sick so we have been stuck at home all week. While in one sense I have enjoyed living like a hermit, another sense is thinking tomorrow I will be absolutely stir crazy. But, that's okay because Dan will be home tomorrow and I will be able to get out if necessary (it most likely will be).

Anyway, to pass the time today Elijah and I chatted.

A little more background first ... he was only wearing his underwear at this point in the day because well, to be quite honest, a boy just forgets to put his spiderman outfit back on at times after going to the bathroom. Even though I reminded him of where it was so he could put it back on he still somehow managed to get sidetracked and never did.

So, he came running upstairs saying he needed a blanket and that he was cold. That turned into need to be wrapped up in the blanket and snuggled. Well, who am I to deny my almost 4 year old a sweet snuggle on a cold windy afternoon. We snuggled and chatted and the conversation turned into something like this ...

Me: What is your favorite food?
E: A brownie ... cookie ... cake! (he's definitely my child)

Me: What is your favorite animal?
E: A frog ... caterpillar ... and a hippo, that's it! (apparently he has a hard time narrowing it down to just one)

Me: What is your favorite color?
E: Green and blue.

Me: Who is your favorite person?
E: You mean my friend?
Me: Sure. Who is your favorite friend?
E: Madelyn

This is the part where my heart completely melts, and we then talk for a few minutes about how much we love that girl.

Meanwhile, Elijah loves this game and tells me to keep asking him favorites. I say okay to which he replies, "Thank you." He's so polite sometimes. It's cute.

Me: What are your favorite clothes?
E: Long Sleeves. (He does not like to wear short sleeves right now. I asked him why and after a long drawn out explanation it basically came down to he didn't like his arms being "naked.")

His favorite video is 321 Penquins. His favorite shows on PBSkids are the boy ones, not the girl ones like Arthur. (?? I don't see Arthur being gender specific, but apparently Elijah does.) His favorite thing to do is play on the computer. His favorite thing to do outside is to play 321 Penguins.

It was very fun. He's one of those kids who would have been a perfect candidate on Kids Say the Darndest Things. I need to ask him questions more often.

No comments: