Friday, March 27, 2009

Smellin' like the house!

Dan comes from a farming family. When the kids were sick or not spending enough time outside his grandfather would say they are starting to smell like the house.

I think that's me this week.

I will readily admit the fact that I am a homebody. I love being home. I love my house. When I am away for any extended amount of time I love my house that much more and so look forward to being home again.

This week I've just been home too much, not enough interaction with adults. I was supposed to get together with a friend on Tuesday, but my stomach was sick so there went that. She did still take Elijah though which was so sweet, but I still just stayed home.

Now I am feeling the effects. I don't want to do anything. I don't want to clean. I don't want to pay bills, make phone calls, anything. I just want to sit and read, play online, veg, you name it.

It's like the smallest task becomes a HUGE one. Not cool. I hate feeling this way, and I fight against it.

So, my plan of attack for the day is to give myself until a certain time to play around. Turn on some fun music and start the things I need to do ... vacuum, pay my tax bill, clean the kitchen, straighten rooms ... and I'll set the timer for each room so I don't get stuck doing one thing for too long.

I'll post an update on how the battle plays out ...

No comments: