Friday, March 6, 2009

Tidbits

I am so sleepy today. I think something is wrong with my eye. It was really bothering me last night like there was something in it and this morning it was crusty. Lovely huh?

I took Madelyn to school, got the car washed, and then went grocery shopping, and when I got home I still just felt so so sleepy. I was going to make coffee, but instead laid down while Elijah watched tv.

Okay, meanwhile, Elijah cannot leave me alone if I am in the room with him. I laid down on the couch in the basement while he was watching pbskids. Well, he was so happy to have me there that he is sitting on me, laying on me, hugging me, scrunching up next to me. It is very sweet, and would be much sweeter if he could just settle in and stop moving, but he can't. He moves constantly in one way or another.

I was able to get some rest though, surprisingly. I still feel like I could just crawl in bed and stay there all day. My eye still feels weird, but it doesn't look bad. It just feels like there is something going on. I just don't know what.

...

I cut a lady off today (kind of) and ugh, it turns out she was going the same place I was. Ugh! It's a little grocery outlet so it's small and I she pulled in right behind me so she knew who I was and there was no way around not seeing her. I honestly wanted to hide. Instead I swallowed my pride and when I saw her in the store I apologized. She was kind of taken aback, but I told her I thought there were two lanes, etc. She said she thought the same thing and just let me go. She was very sweet about it, but I still wanted to crawl under somewhere and hide. It all was so silly, and I still am surprised at how worked up I got over it, but it's not often that I am in such an awkward position. I'm just glad it's over. So silly.

...

I am going to make french onion soup again this weekend. It is so yummy! I made it and ate it for the first time a few weeks ago. What is it about that soup? I mean we had leftovers and by the time we were done eating them I was a little grossed out by the fact I was eating a mouthful of onions, but now here I am REALLY wanting it again. YUM!

...

My high school principal just died from pancreatic cancer that ended up spreading to his lungs. My dad just had surgery to remove a growth in his pancreas before it became cancerous. That is HUGE! Usually you don't know anything is wrong until it's too late. My step-mother said they feel as though they have been given a gift, and I do believe they have. I am very sad for Dr. Thompson's family. He was only 60.

...

I've mentioned before that Daisy hides treats and things. Well, now I keep finding little piles of food in random places. The cats have started munching on her food so I wonder if she is trying to keep it from them. It's a little weird though to go in your bedroom and find a pile of dog food next to your bed.

I do love that dog though. She is the sweetest of all dogs. Have I mentioned my love for her before? I can't wait until the weather is warm so we can go on long walks, etc. again.

...

Our car that Dan wrecked is in the shop to be fixed. We haven't heard the extent of the damage. It's a 1997 Honda Accord. We just had the transmission replaced a couple years ago because we know Hondas can go forever if taken care of so that was our plan. Dan only drives it to work and occasionally we take it other places. It's a good car, but we are thinking it's not worth much so we are wondering if the insurance company is going to be willing to pay to have it fixed. We'll see.

Just in case, I have been looking into other vehicles ... I hate the thought of a car payment because right now we don't have one, but I do love the idea of having a car that we can seat friends and family when they come to visit. I saw one at CarSense that is reasonable and nice ... just in case. It's a sporty looking minivan type car that has the tiny 3rd row seat that you can flip up if needed. And, if you don't need it you have a lot of room for stuff in the back.

I honestly hate paying for cars though so I really am not thinking about it too much.

...

This is a lot of rambling, but I am putting off cleaning up the kitchen. If I would just do it, I wouldn't have to worry about anything else until dinner time. I just saw Kim's status on FB saying her house is clean and she can just relax. I thought I could feel the same way if I would just get my kitchen together, but I haven't done it yet. I just feel funky today. I will do it soon though. I try to have things in order for when Dan gets home.

Okay, enough rambling today ...

No comments: