Friday, March 20, 2009

Snuggly Girl

The other night I was hugging Madelyn goodnight and she said, "I wish I could sleep with you every night." I laughed, and she said, "I'm not kidding."

I knew she wasn't kidding. I told her so and said, "Honey, I've known that since you were a teeny baby swaddled in my arms you didn't want to leave my side."

I have said many times that Madelyn would be thrilled to just be by our (mine or Dan's) sides continually. We were her security blankets, pacifiers, you name it. She was content with us.

I was relaying my labor story with Madelyn to Susan last night because Susan wants to have a natural birth. I did too until Madelyn decided she didn't want to come out of the womb. They had to start pitocin to get things going. Then I HAD to have an epidural. After prepping me for a c-section she finally decided to come out.

I thought, "Hmmm, it really has been since the womb that Madelyn has been this way."

I love my little snuggly girl, and I wouldn't want her any other way. I think she's the best!

No comments: