Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthday Present ... or Not

My birthday is coming up and recently Elijah said that he had an idea to get me a cheerleading wii game that he saw.  Very cute.

Well, since our wii drowned in the flood, apparently he said he would just buy me a new wii for my birthday.  I didn't know this, but Madelyn brought it up today.

She and Dan just went out for a daddy/daughter date and while they are out they are going to buy the supplies she needs to make my gift.

So, while we were discussing this she asked Elijah if he was still going to get me a wii for my birthday.  He said, "No.  I decided I wouldn't waste all my money on that."

Ha ha ha ha ha ...

First of all, I am wondering how much money he thinks he has.  I know neither of the kids know about their savings accounts that I put their birthday money in every year.  They don't even know that check they get is money.  I just mail it away to our credit union.  And, I know that he doesn't have $200 worth of change in his little piggy bank.

Secondly, the fact that he used the word "waste" just cracks me up. 

Ahhhhh, birthdays with kids are so fun.  

No comments: