Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Music: A Sampling

I like music.  It's very therapeutic for me.  When I had babies I stopped listening to a lot of music for a bit, mainly because of nap times and always having to keep an ear out for what your child is doing.  It wasn't until I started really listening to it again that I realized how much I missed it.

I am definitely one of those people who needs to listen to it loud and sing along to it even louder.  I also listen to songs over and over and over again.  It just does something for the soul.  My soul, anyway.


Anyway, here is a sampling of what you will find on my ipod ...



Mumford & Sons.  Oh my.  Why did I not buy this album sooner?  I had checked it out a few times, but I guess I wasn't ready for it.  Now I am so in love with their sound and all the different instruments they use.  They just rock out in such an honest "i'm giving it my all" way.  I love it.

Here's another ... these lyrics are powerful and sad.



I love that they look like they just stepped out of a pub and that they are all good friends.


Maroon 5.  Why did I not discover them sooner?  I was listening to a few songs from a previous album and was surprised that there are songs that I love all on the same album.  I may be getting that one next.

This is definitely a play over and over kind of album.



Adele.  Seriously. 





Adele rocks.  There are just no two ways about it.  You gotta love a girl who can just belt out songs like it's nobody's business.  And, she writes her own songs.  Double cool.

Another girl who can sing ...



Aw, Johny D ...



And, you can't have an ipod without a little S & G ...



Okay, one more.  Again.  You can't not have Indigo Girls on your ipod ...



That's such a cute little video :)

Okay, give me any music suggestions.  I especially need some good Christian music.  Why is good Christian music so hard to find? 




















1 comment:

Susan (Tubbs) Canady said...

i don't know why it's hard to find, but it's true. i hear about it all the time. ;)